CVEDIA-RT has a Camera Manager that allows configuring different types of cameras to use as sources. It is possible to discover cameras in the network and configure them in the manager. The list of configured cameras can be seen in the window. The configured cameras are saved in the global.config file, hence they can be accessed between sessions.
The configured cameras can be selected as an input source from the Setup Window Source panel under the ONVIF option.
Adding new Cameras¶
It's possible to add cameras to the system in two ways. Through auto-discovery, or manually.
ONVIF Camera Discovery System¶
This system allows the automatic discovery of cameras on the same network as the device running CVEDIA-RT.
- Start by clicking the Discover ONVIF Cameras green button inside the Add Cameras section.
- If there are cameras in your network, they will be listed below.
Cameras with Authentication
If a camera needs authentication credentials, its Info field will show ter:NotAuthorized
- After choosing which camera to add to the system press the Add button and it will be added to the System Cameras list.
Adding custom Cameras¶
A camera with empty details can be added to the camera list by pressing the Add custom Camera button.
New Camera name
A new camera with the name Custom camera will be added to the list
You can then press the Edit button to configure the custom camera.
If you want to remove a camera, press the Remove button on the corresponding camera.
After a camera is added, its details can be edited to customize the connection to use, set authentication credentials, etc.
This menu can be accessed by pressing the Edit button on the corresponding camera.
This window displays the following camera properties:
- Name: Camera name as displayed in the System Cameras List
- IP: IP Address for the camera (if applicable)
- Port: Port of the camera (if applicable)
- User Name: User Name to use for connection credentials (if applicable)
- Password: Password to use for connection credentials (if applicable)
- Profiles: ONVIF camera profiles discovered from the camera information (if applicable)
If a camera needs credentials for a connection, its Info field will show ter:NotAuthorized. This means that a valid username and password must be set for the camera. This can be done with the following process:
- Enter the username and password in the specified fields on the Camera Editor.
- Save changes by clicking on the Save button on the Camera Editor.
- On the Camera Manager window, click Refresh on the corresponding camera.
- If the username and password are correct the State field should now present Alive