CVEDIA-RT has a Camera Manager that allows configuring different types of camera to use as sources.
A global system camera list is shared between all the instances, this list contains all the different types of cameras and their configurations.
System Cameras disk file
System cameras will be saved between sessions in the global.config file
Accessing the Cameras on the Instances¶
When running an instance, the cameras can accessed in the Cameras list from the Input -> Source
Adding new Cameras¶
Its possible to add cameras to the system in three different ways:
ONVIF Camera Discovery System¶
This system allows the automatic discovery of cameras on the same network as the computer running CVEDIA-RT.
- Start by clicking the Discover cameras green button inside the Discover ONVIF Cameras section.
- If there are cameras in your network, an entry will appear for each one in the list
Cameras with Authentication
If a camera needs authentication credentials, its Info field will show ter:NotAuthorized
- After choosing which camera to add to the system press the Add button and it will be added to the System Cameras list.
Adding custom Cameras¶
An camera with empty details can be added to the camera list by pressing the Add custom Camera button.
New Camera name
A new camera with the name Custom camera will be added to the list
If the user wants to remove a camera, this can be done by pressing the Remove button on the corresponding System Cameras list entry.
After a camera is added to the System Cameras list, its details can the edited to customize the connection to use, setup authentication credentials, etc. This menu can be accessed by pressing the Edit button on the corresponding System Cameras list entry.
This window displays the following camera properties:
- Name : Camera name as displayed in the System Cameras List
- IP : IP Address for the camera (if applicable)
- User Name : User Name to use for connection credentials (if applicable)
- Password : Password to use for connection credentials (if applicable)
- Profiles : ONVIF camera profiles discovered from the camera information (if applicable)
- Stream URI : This property is the real connection string to be used by CVEDIA-RT video capture engine
If a camera needs credentials for a connection its Info field will show ter:NotAuthorized, this means that a valid user name and password must be set for the camera, this can be done with the following process:
- Enter UserName and Password on the specified fields on the Camera Editor.
- Save changes by clicking on the Save button on the Camera Editor.
- On the Camera Manager window, click Refresh on the corresponding entry of the System Cameras list to enter the credentials.
- If the UserName and Password are correct the State field shall now present Alive