CVEDIA-RT will work out of the box on Windows with or without a NVIDIA GPU.
- 10GB disk space
- Windows 10.0.19042 or newer
- Graphics card capable of running OpenGL 3.0+ or DirectX 11
Running with NVIDIA GPU¶
To run using NVIDIA GPU acceleration, this additional requirements apply:
- NVIDIA GPU with Compute Capability greater or equal to 5.2
Check Compute Capability to make sure your gpu is compatible.
Running without GPU¶
CVEDIA-RT can run without a NVIDIA GPU, it will fallback to CPU inference using Intel openvino, to run openvino you must have a intel cpu that is at least one of:
- 6th or newer generation Intel Core processors
- 1st or newer generation of Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors
- Intel Atom® processor with Intel® Streaming SIMD Extensions 4.2 (Intel® SSE4.2)
If you have an AMD cpu, openvino may still work, but there's no official documentation about which CPUs are compatible.
After downloading the Windows release package, extract it to a folder and run the
Running CVEDIA-RT with custom parameters¶
- The bat file can be changed to provide the following arguments to the executable:
- -p --projects : Path to projects JSON config files
CVEDIA-RT supports multiple -p arguments for different paths
- -d : Config overrides (Runtime override for a project, will be loaded after project json config)
- --headless : Runs CVEDIA-RT in headless mode (without GUI)
- --remote : Runs CVEDIA-RT with Remote UI
- --dx11 : Runs CVEDIA-RT with DirectX 11 rendering engine
- --glfw : Runs CVEDIA-RT with OpenGL rendering engine
- --sdl : Runs CVEDIA-RT with SDL rendering engine
- --version : Shows CVEDIA-RT version and exit
- --help : View allowed arguments
If you're running without NVIDIA GPU, please make sure your CPU is compatible. Older / unsupported CPUs usually just crash the system without any other information.
If CVEDIA-RT opens but crashes when you try to run any of the solutions your windows may need to be updated.
On Windows 10, run
dxdiag and check if your
Operating System build is at least
19042 or newer.
If you're running Windows 11 or newer this playback problem shouldn't happen.
If you're running in GUI mode and CVEDIA-RT crashes with
FATAL [..] [glfwui.cpp:68] glfwCreateWindow .., you can try starting it with a different rendering engine:
If none of these work, your graphics card may not be able to render CVEDIA-RT, you can still run it in headless mode (
--headless) or Remote UI (
If you have issues running on windows that couldn't be solved by this guide, you can run the
generate_debug_report.bat tool to collect information about your computer and send it to us for debugging.
Please note that the generated report may include your windows user name and other potentially sensitive information, do not share it publicly.
How to run your first project : Quick Start